For the second straight year the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Women's Soccer Championship will pit cross-town rivals Webster University and Fontbonne University against each other. This marks the third time the two rivals have met in the postseason and the second time they will do battle in the championship game. The 2017 SLIAC Women's Soccer Championship game will take place on Saturday, November 4 at World Wide Technology Soccer Park. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.
How We Got Here
- Webster defeated Westminster 2-1 in the first semifinal game of the tournament.
- Nicole Bascio scored first in the game but Gracie Koonce evened the score for Westminster just before halftime.
- Kelsey Hausmann netted the game-winner for the Gorloks early in the second-half.
- Webster outshot Westminster 22-6 in the game, including 12-1 in the second-half.
- Fontbonne edged past Greenville 3-2 in double overtime.
- Ellen Weaver put Fontbonne up early, scoring just five minutes into the game.
- Greenville answered with a goal in the second-half from Suzi Conner.
- The Griffins took a 2-1 lead on a Leann Smith goal but once again the Panthers responded, this time with a goal from Dani Pearce.
- The game lasted until the 107th minute when Jacey Pate scored the game-winner.
- Fontbonne outshot Greenville 23-11 in the game.
What You Need To Know
- Tonight's double overtime game marked the second straight year that Fontbonne has played extra minutes in their opening round game of the tournament. Last year they advanced on penalty kicks over Spalding.
- This marks the sixth straight year the Gorloks have appeared in the SLIAC Championship game.
- After making their first trip in 20 years to the SLIAC Championship game last year, Fontbonne is making their second straight appearance.
- Webster has won a conference record eight SLIAC Tournaments.
- Webster topped Fontbonne 1-0 in the regular season and have won eight straight in the series.