This week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Baseball Players of the Week are: Tanner Branneky, from Westminster College and Jason Collingwood, from Greenville College.
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS BASEBALL HITTER OF THE WEEK
Tanner Branneky is the SLIAC/Diamond Sports Baseball Hitter of the Week after leading the Blue Jays offense to a sweep of Eureka last weekend. Branneky, a junior from St. Louis, Mo., hit .636 on the week with two home runs and five runs batted in. He had at least two hits in all three games of the series, going 3-for-4 in the third and final game. Branneky finished the week 7-of-11 at the plate, recording a 1.455 slugging percentage. Branneky also scored three runs in the weekend series.
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS BASEBALL PITCHER OF THE WEEK
- Deion Hughes, Westminster College (Baseball) Hughes tallied 11 strikeouts in a seven inning win over Eureka.
- Luke Jarvis, MacMurray College (Baseball) Jarvis picked up a nine inning complete game win over Principia, allowing just two hits and one run while striking out seven.
- Travis Ralls, Greenville College (Baseball) Ralls hit .545 with five runs batted in during a three game series against Spalding.
- Trey Tigart, Webster University (Baseball) Tigart picked up two wins last week, going 14.1 innings and allowing just two earned runs while striking out eight.
- Kyle Uhrich, Webster University (Baseball) Uhrich powered out three home runs in a three game series against Fonbonne, driving in seven.
- Ray Vogel, Eureka College (Baseball) Vogel hit .440 last week with four home runs and seven RBI in seven games on the week.