This week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Baseball Players of the Week are: Collin Brinker, from Westminster College and Hunter Mehring, from Principia College.
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS BASEBALL HITTER OF THE WEEK
Hunter Mehring, a junior from Chesterfield, Mo., is this week's award winner after hitting .529 and driving in nine while helping the Panthers to three conference wins. Mehring hit three home runs on the week including two in a 15-13 win over Westminster, his team's first conference win of the season. Mehring had a hit in all five games on the week with a three hit outing in a win over Blackburn. Mehring also drew six walks and did not strike out, finishing with a .625 on-base percentage and 1.118 slugging percentage for the week. Mehring finished 9-for-17 at the plate with eight runs scored.
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS BASEBALL PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Collin Brinker, a senior from Auxvasse, Mo., is this week's SLIAC/Diamond Sports Baseball Pitcher of the Week. Brinker picked up a complete game shutout win over Webster University on Saturday. He worked nine scoreless innings, allowing just two hits while walking none and striking out seven. Brinker faced just 28 hitters in the game, one over the minimum, while picking up his fourth win of the season.
- Jack Bensinger, Webster University (Baseball) Bensinger worked seven innings of two hit ball while picking up a 1-0 win over Westminster.
- Tyler Durand, Blackburn College (Baseball) Durand was 8-for-13 with six RBI in a three game series against Principia.
- Deion Hughes, Westminster College (Baseball) Hughes hit .526 on the week, including a 4-for-5 game against Principia in which he added three RBI.
- Jarrett Luckett, Blackburn College (Baseball) Luckett tallied 10 strikeouts in a win over Principia.
- Jake Milosch, Webster University (Baseball) Milosch went 2-for-3 with four runs batted in duruing a win over Westminster.
- Kyle Olliges, Spalding University (Baseball) Olliges recorded 11 strikeouts in a nine inning win over MacMurray.
- Ray Vogel, Eureka College (Baseball) Vogel went 6-for-10 with five RBI in a pair of games.