This week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Players of the Week are: Austin Earnest, from Fontbonne University and Connor Hager, Westminster College.
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS BASEBALL HITTER OF THE WEEK
Connor Hager, a junior from Jefferson City, Mo., is this week's SLIAC/Diamond Sports Baseball Hitter of the Week. Hager helped the Blue Jays to three wins including a conference double header sweep of Greenville College. Hager sparked his team's 21-0 win over the Panthers in game one, going 4-for-6 and hitting for the cycle. He followed with two more hits in game two. On the week Hager was 13-of-30 from the plate, for a .433 batting average with one home run and 12 runs batted in. Hager had two four hit games on the week, finishing with a .767 slugging percentage and adding two stolen bases and seven runs scored.
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS BASEBALL PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Austin Earnest, a freshman pitcher from Ironton, Mo., is the SLIAC/Diamond Sports Baseball Pitcher of the Week for April 4. Earnest picked up a complete game 4-3 win over Principia College, striking out 13 in just seven innings of work. Earnest allowed just five hits, walking four. Leading by just one in the bottom of the seventh, Earnest struck out the final batter of the game; stranding Panthers at first and second. Earnest also made a relief appearance the day before, going 1/3 of an inning. Earnest improves his record to 3-1 on the season.
- Jack Bensinger, Webster University (Baseball) - Bensinger limited Iowa Wesleyan to just three hits while striking out seven in 6.1 innings of work.
- Javier Guerra, Spalding University (Baseball) - Guerra notched a win over Eureka, going seven innings and allowing no earned runs while striking out nine.
- Deion Hughes, Westminster College (Baseball) - Hughes went picked up a complete game shutout win over Greenville, going seven innings and striking out eight.
- Trevor Montgomery, Greenville College (Baseball) Montgomery went 3-for-5 with a home run and four runs batted in during his team's win over Principia.
- Blake Patterson, Spalding University (Baseball) - Patterson hit .455 last week, driving in 10 with two home runs while helping the Golden Eagles to a pair of conference double header sweeps.
- Kyle Uhrich, Webster University (Baseball) - Uhrich reached base three times in game one of a double header against Iowa Wesleyan, going 1-for-2 with four RBI and drawing two walks.