This week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Players of the Week include Katlyn Garza, from Webster University; Jesse Getz, from Greenville College; Morgan Mansur, from Webster University; and Kyle Uhrich, from Webster University.
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS BASEBALL HITTER OF THE WEEK - MAY 1
Jesse Getz is the SLIAC Baseball Hitter of the Week after helping the Panthers to three conference wins last week. Getz, a junior infielder, hit .667 over the three games, driving in nine and crossing the plate 10 times on his own. He recorded at least three hits in all three games including four hits in a 14-5 win over Principia. Getz added two home runs on the week, finishing the week with a 1.267 slugging percentage.
SLIAC/DIAMOND SPORTS BASEBALL PITCHER OF THE WEEK - MAY 1
Kyle Uhrich, from Webster University, is the SLIAC Baseball Pitcher of the Week. Uhrich, a senior from St. Louis, Mo., went nine innings in a key conference win over Westminster. Uhrich worked all nine innings, carrying a no-hitter into the seventh inning, before allowing two hits. He finished the game with a school-record 16 strikeouts while picking up his sixth win of the season.
SLIAC SOFTBALL HITTER OF THE WEEK - MAY 1
Webster University junior Katlyn Garza is the SLIAC Softball Hitter of the Week. Garza, from O'Fallon, Mo., exploded for seven hits in a doubleheader against Rose-Hulman. In game one she was 4-for-4 with a home run and four runs batted in. She followed with a 3-for-4 performance in game two, driving in another run. On the week she hit .875 with five runs batted in and a 1.375 slugging percentage.
SLIAC SOFTBALL PITCHER OF THE WEEK - MAY 1
Morgan Mansur is the SLIAC Softball Pitcher of the Week. Mansur, a junior at Webster University, helped the Gorloks by coming out of the bullpen twice last week. Mansur worked 4 2/3 innings in game one of a doubleheader against Rose-Hulman. She picked up the win, allowing no runs on six hits. She came back in game two for another inning of work, striking out two batters.
- Erica Burney, Westminster College (Softball) Burney was 2-for-3 with a home run and two RBI in a key win over Greenville that helped the Blue Jays clinch the SLIAC regular season title.
- Ben Dinter, Webster University (Baseball) Dinter went 2-for-3 with a home run and four runs batted in during an 11-3 win over Westminster.
- Kate Joliff, Greenville College (Softball) Joliff went 4-for-4 with an RBI in a 4-1 win over Eureka.
- Jimi Keating, Spalding University (Baseball) Keating notched a seven-inning complete game win over Principia, allowing just three hits while striking out 11.
- Isaac Lineberry, Spalding University (Baseball) Tallied four hits with five runs batted in during a double header against Principia.
- Logan Murphy, Greenville College (Baseball) Murphy worked six scoreless innings of relief last week, tallying 10 strikeouts and picking up one win.