At a Glance
Greenville University and Westminster College are the featured SLIAC Game of the Week as their women's soccer teams will meet on Wednesday, October 4 in Fulton, Mo. at 7 p.m. Both teams won their conference opener over the weekend and will look to start separating themselves from the pack.
Greenville University 'PANTHERS'
Greenville comes into the game with a 7-4 overall record, having won five straight. In their last outing, the Panthers defeated MacMurray 8-1 at home.
The Panthers have scored a conference-leading 40 goals this season and rank 3rd in goals allowed at 16. Jade Taylor leads a quartet of Panthers that have tallied at least 16 points this season. Taylor has 10 goals this season while Dani Pearce has recorded seven goals and six assists. Breanna Thomas leads the team with seven assists while Kate Arthur leads the team with two game-winning goals. In net, the Panthers are led by Marjory Coates who holds a 1.76 goals-against average with 29 saves.
Westminster College 'BLUE JAYS'
Westminster stopped a three-game losing streak on Saturday by defeating Blackburn 6-0 on the road. The Blue Jays are currently 4-4 overall and will host their next two games against conference foes.
Paige Townsend leads the Blue Jays attack with 11 goals and five assists this season. Gracie Koonce is second on the team with five goals and tied with Townsend for the team lead with five assists. In net, the Blue Jays' Sarah Cradick holds a 2.21 goals-against average while making 33 saves. Westminster ranks 4th in goals scored (28) and 2nd in goals allowed (14).
Last Meeting - October 11, 2016 in Greenville, Ill. - BOX SCORE
- Westminster leads the all-time series against Greenville 13-12-2.
- At five games, Greenville has the longest winning streak in the SLIAC.
- Westminster will play four of their next five games at home.
- Townsend vs. Taylor. Westminster's Paige Townsend (11) and Greenville's Jade Taylor (10) are the only two SLIAC players with double-digit goals so far this season.
- Did You Know? Greenville has the top three players on the conference assist leaderboard: Breanna Thomas (7), Dani Pearce and Kate Arthur (6).
- Did You Know? Westminster is the only team other than Webster to have won the SLIAC Tournament in the last five years.