The SLIAC Men's and Women's Basketball Players of the Week are Laura Goodnight, from Greenville College and Jimmy Villalobos, from Westminster College.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - DEC. 12
This week's SLIAC Men's Basketball Player of the Week is Jimmy Villalobos, a guard from Westminster College. Villalobos, a senior from Chihuahua, Mexico, helped the Blue Jays to a come from behind overtime win over Webster. Villalobos recorded 23 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and three steals in the game. After trailing 40-38 at halftime, despite Villalobos' team high 13 first-half points, the Blue Jays mounted their come back in the second half with Villalobos sparking the way. He added 10 points in the second half, knocking down a pair of three's, while also dishing out three of his four assists in the half. He finished 8-of-17 from the field and committed no turnovers.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - DEC. 12
Laura Goodnight, a forward from Greenville College, is this week' SLIAC Women's Basketball Player of the Week. Goodnight, a senior from Bothel, Wash., averaged 20.0 points and 8.3 rebounds per game while helping the Panthers go a perfect 3-0 on the week. Goodnight averaged nearly a point per minute on the week, scoring 60 points in just 63 minutes played. Her high was a 32 point performance against St. Mary of the Woods. Goodnight also picked up a double-double against Robert Morris-Springfield with 13 points and 12 rebounds. She finished the week shooting 61.9 percent from the field and added six steals and three blocked shots.
- Kendall Davis, Eureka College (Men's Basketball) Davis notched 26 points and 10 rebounds, with five assists, in a win over Principia.
- Taylor Lucas, Webster University (Women's Basketball) Lucas helped Webster go 3-0 on the week, averaging 9.0 points per game and shooting 68.8 percent from the field.
- Micah Paulson, Principia College (Men's Basketball) Paulson averaged 19 points over two games last week, including an eight assist effort against Iowa Wesleyan and a 6-for-8 shooting performance against Eureka.
- Steven Soukup, Iowa Wesleyan University (Men's Basketball) Soukup averaged 28.5 points over two contests last week, including a 32 point effort against Spalding.
- Hunter Ward, Webster University (Men's Basketball) Ward recorded a double-double last week with 25 points and 10 rebounds against Westminster.
- Andrea Zalis, Westminster College (Women's Basketball) Zalis finished with 13 points, 14 rebounds, and five blocked shots in a game against Webster.