The SLIAC Men's and Women's Basketball Players of the Week are Michaela Balducci, from Eureka College; and Hunter Ward, from Webster University.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - DEC. 5
Hunter Ward, a senior forward from Webster University, is the SLIAC Men's Basketball Player of the Week. Ward, from St. Louis, Mo., averaged a double-double over two games last week, both wins. Ward tallied 20 points while grabbing 12 rebounds in a win over Greenville. He added seven assists, while committing just three turnovers, and three steals in the game while shooting 7-of-8 from the field. Ward followed with 23 points and nine rebounds in a narrow win over Principia. On the week Ward averaged 21.5 points and 10.5 rebounds per game while shooting 61-percent from the field. He also averaged 4.5 assists per game while committing just four turnovers on the week.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - DEC. 5
Eureka College forward Michaela Balducci is this week's SLIAC Women's Basketball Player of the Week. Balducci, a senior from Eureka, Ill., helped the Red Devils to a pair of conference wins last week, marking the program's first 2-0 start in conference play since the 2013-14 season. Balducci was a force on the post, shooting 78-percent from the field over the two games and averaging 19.0 points per game. She netted 18 points in just 17 minutes of action in her team's win over Blackburn, going 5-for-5 from the field. Balducci led the Red Devils to a road win over Spalding in her second game of the week, scoring 20 points while grabbing 13 rebounds. On the week she finished 14-of-18 from the field and added three steals and three assists.
- Cairece Allen, Iowa Wesleyan University (Women's Basketball) Allen recorded a double-double with 19 points and 11 rebounds, adding three assists and three steals, in her team's win over MacMurray.
- Shea Feehan, Eureka College (Men's Basketball) Feehan scored 36 points, going 10-for-10 from the free-throw line, against Blackburn.
- Kenny Greene, Greenville College (Men's Basketball) Greene went for 32 points in a game against Webster, hitting 8-of-11 three pointers.
- Emmie Haring, Fontbonne Univeristy (Women's Basketball) Haring handed out 23 assists in two games last week including a new school record 14 assists against Westminster.
- Steven Soukup, Iowa Wesleyan University (Men's Basketball) Soukup averaged 22.5 points in two conference wins last week for the Tigers.
- Romo Tabb, Westminster College (Men's Basketball) Tabb scored 26 points, going 11-of-15 from the field, in a win over Fontbonne.
- Nick Trisko, Spalding University (Men's Basketball) Trisko was a force last week for the Golden Eagles, averaging a double-double including a 33 point effort against Principia.
- Andrea Zalis, Westminster College (Women's Basketball) Zalis finished with 24 points and 17 rebounds in her team's win over Fontbonne.