The SLIAC Men's and Women's Basketball Players of the Week are Shea Feehan, from Eureka College and Natalie Busscher, from Webster University.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - NOV. 21
Shea Feehan, a sophomore guard from Peoria, Ill., is the SLIAC Men's Basketball Player of the Week for the opening week of the 2016-17 season. Feehan helped the Red Devils to a pair of wins last week, averaging 27.0 points per game in the two contests. He opened the week with 34 points and 10 rebounds in a 95-81 win over Dominican. Feehan followed with 20 points, nine rebounds, and five assists in a 92-78 victory over Rockford. On the week Feehan shot 48.6 percent from the field, knocking down six three-pointers, and going 14-for-14 from the free-throw line. He also averaged 9.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists in the two games.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - NOV. 21
Natalie Busscher is the first SLIAC Women's Basketball Player of the Week for the 2016-17 season. Busscher, a sophomore forward from Mundelein, Ill., sparked the Gorloks to a pair of wins by coming off the bench and making an immediate impact in each game. Busscher scored 10 points in just 13 minutes of action in her team's 85-70 win over Rust. She followed by netting 20 points in just 17 minutes in a win over Dominican. On the week Busscher averaged 15.0 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game while shooting 67-percent from the field. She was named Most Valuable Player of the 2016 Cavallo Tip-Off Classic.
- DeAndre Manuel, Blackburn College (Men's Basketball) Manuel averaged 15.0 points and 6.0 rebounds over three games last week, earning All-Tournament honors at the Carroll University Tip-Off Tournament.
- Evan Milligan, Webster University (Men's Basketball) Milligan averaged 16.0 points, 2.3 steals, and 2.3 blocks over three games last week including 14 points in a one point loss to #20 ranked Washington University.
- Shane Smith, Greenville College (Men's Basketball) Smith averaged 22.0 points in three road wins last week including a high of 29 points against Elmhurst.
- Steven Soukup, Iowa Wesleyan University (Men's Basketball) Soukup put up 40 points in a 111-101 win over Marian, knocking down seven three-pointers.
- Kaitlynn Walker, Fontbonne University (Women's Basketball) Walker narrowly missed a pair of double-doubles last week; averaging 17.0 points and 9.0 rebounds per game.