This week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Players of the Week are Adaku Anumu, from Principia College and Aleisha Stiltner, from Blackburn College.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - FEB. 6
Adaku Anumu, a senior at Principia College, is the SLIAC Men's Basketball Player of the Week for February 6. Anumu, a guard from Sacramento, Calif., averaged 24.0 points in two critical wins last week for the Panthers. He tallied 31 points in a 102-98 win over then first-place Iowa Wesleyan. Anumu scored 22 of his points in the first-half, helping the Panthers open up a comfortable lead. Anumu knocked down seven three-pointers in the game. Anumu followed with 17 points in a 77-74 win over Blackburn, helping the Panthers keep tournament hopes alive. Anumu hit three three-pointers in the game including the game-winner with 14-seconds on the clock.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - FEB. 6
Aleisha Stiltner is this week's SLIAC Women's Basketball Player of the Week after leading the Beavers to their first win of the season, a 58-57 win over MacMurray. Stiltner, a junior guard, not only led all players with 27 points but scored the game tying and game winning baskets. Stiltner tied the game on a three-pointer with 18-seconds left and then knocked down another triple with 0.5 seconds on the clock to give Blackburn a 58-57 lead. She also added 10 rebounds and two steals in the game while shooting 9-of-18 from the field and connecting on five three-pointers.
- Kendall Davis, Eureka College (Men's Basketball) Davis finished with 29 points and 15 rebounds in a losing effort against Webster.
- Kelsey Miller, Webster University (Women's Basketball) Miller scored 23 points while recording four steals in a win over Iowa Wesleyan.
- Evan Milligan, Webster University (Men's Basketball) Milligan recorded a pair of double-doubles; averaging 14.0 points and 11.5 rebounds over two games last week.
- Steven Soukup, Iowa Weslyean University (Men's Basketball) Soukup netted 39 points in a losing effort against Principia, hitting six three-pointers.
- Raven Venegas, Fontbonne University (Women's Basketball) Venegas averaged 15.0 points and 6.5 rebounds in two wins last week while dishing out a total of seven assists and committing just one turnover.