The SLIAC Men's and Women's Basketball Players of the Week are Emmie Haring, from Fontbonne University and Steven Soukup, from Iowa Wesleyan University.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - JAN. 30
Steven Soukup has spent the month of January torching opposing defenses as he picks up his third SLIAC Player of the Week award this month. Soukup, a senior from Danville, Iowa, helped the Tigers move into into first-place in the SLIAC standings with a win over Spalding last weekend. In that game Soukup scored 43 points, his third 40 point game this season, while shooting 16-of-20 from the floor. On the week Soukup averaged 36.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 2.5 steals over two games while shooting 72.2 percent from the floor and hitting 5-of-12 three-point shots.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - JAN. 30
Emmie Haring, a guard from Fontbonne University, is this week's SLIAC Women's Basketball Player of the Week. Haring, a senior from Ballwin, Mo., averaged a double-double in helping the Griffins to a pair of wins last week. She averaged 19.0 points, 10.5 assists, and 5.5 steals per game while adding 3.5 rebounds and hitting on 5-of-12 three-point shots. Haring recorded 15 points and 11 assists in a win over MacMurray and followed with 23 points and 10 assists against Blackburn. This week Haring also broke her own school record for assists in a season and she currently leads NCAA Division III in assists.
- Parker Davidson, Principia College (Men's Basketball) Davidson finished with 14 points and 14 rebounds in a win over Eureka.
- Kendall Davis, Eureka College (Men's Basketball) Davis had two 30 point games last week including a double-double with 32 points and 10 rebounds in a win over Lincoln Christian.
- Tony Jones, Webster University (Men's Basketball) Jones had a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds, shooting 8-of-12, in helping the Gorloks knock off then first-place Westminster.
- Jack Lake, Fontbonne University (Men's Basketball) Lake scored 29 points while grabbing nine rebounds in a losing effort against Blackburn, shooting 71-percent from the field.
- Brent Long, MacMurray College (Men's Basketball) Long had a pair of double-double's last week and reached the 1,000 point mark for his career.
- Kelsey Miller, Webster University (Women's Basketball) Miller netted 25 points, including 20 in the first-half, of a win over Westminster.
- Sean O'Brien, Westminster College (Men's Basketball) O'Brien tallied 42 points with 20 rebounds in a loss against Greenville.
- Taylor Paulin, Greenville College (Women's Basketball) Paulin scored 25 points in helping her team to a win over Westminster, hitting 7-of-9 three-pointers.