The SLIAC Men's and Women's Basketball Players of the Week are Taylor Paulin, from Greenville College and Steven Soukup, from Iowa Wesleyan University.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - JAN. 23
Steven Soukup picks up his second SLIAC Men's Basketball Player of the Week award this season. Soukup, a senior guard, averaged 27.7 points per game while leading Iowa Wesleyan to three conference wins. He tallied 30 points in a win over Fontbonne and closed the week with 37 points against MacMurray. On the week Soukup shot 72.3 percent from the field, going 34-of-47, and connected on 7-of-12 three point attempts. He also averaged 5.0 rebounds per game and handed out nine assists over the three games while turning the ball over just three times.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - JAN. 23
Taylor Paulin, a senior guard with Greenville College, is this week's SLIAC Women's Basketball Player of the Week after helping the Panthers to a pair of conference wins last week. Paulin, from Bridgeport, Ill., scored 15 points, on 6-of-8 shooting, with three rebounds and three assists in a win over Blackburn. She scored a team high 21 points in helping the Panthers edge out Webster for a win. Paulin tallied seven of her points in the fourth quarter, hitting a three pointer late to give the Panthers a lead and clinched the win with a pair of free-throws with just 13-seconds remaining. On the week Paulin shot 67-percent from the field and averaged 18.0 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 1.5 steals per game while committing just two turnovers.
- Xavier Dortch, Webster University (Men's Basketball) Dortch averaged 20.0 points and 3.7 assists last week in helping Webster pick up a pair of wins in three games.
- Shea Feehan, Eureka College (Men's Basketball) Feehan averaged 32.5 points in two games last week, with two double-double's and a high of 39 points.
- Emily Haring, Fontbonne University (Women's Basketball) Haring dished out 25 assists while recording 14 steals in her three games last week. She is currently leading NCAA Division III with 138 total assists.
- Hayley Reneau, Eureka College (Women's Basketball) Reneau finished with 19 points, on 8-of-11 shooting, with six steals in a win over Blackburn.
- Elmo Smith, Greenville College (Men's Basketball) Smith averaged 23.5 points and 6.5 rebounds per game last week while shooting 61-percent from the field.
- Brandon Williams, Spalding University (Men's Basketball) Williams came off the bench to lead Spalding to a win over Principia, scoring 19 points in just 25 minutes of action.
- Andrea Zalis, Westminster College (Women's Basketball) Zalis scored 27 points, with five three-pointers, in a win over Kansas Christian.