The SLIAC Men's and Women's Basketball Players of the Week are Steven Soukup, from Iowa Wesleyan University; and Andrea Zalis, from Westminster College.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - JAN. 9
Steven Soukup, a senior guard with Iowa Wesleyan University, is this week's SLIAC Men's Basketball Player of the Week. Soukup, from Danville, Iowa, led the Tigers to two conference wins last week to remain in a tie atop the SLIAC standings. Soukup's top performance on the week was a 44 point outburst against Greenville in which the Tigers set a pair of program records. Soukup finished the game 19-of-27 shooting and added nine rebounds and four blocked shots in the game. In the two games on the week he averaged 29.0 points, 8.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists, and 2.5 blocks per game.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - JAN. 9
- Parker Davidson, Principia College (Men's Basketball) Davidson had two double-doubles last week; averaging 19.5 points and 13.0 rebounds over the two games.
- Kendall Davis, Eureka College (Men's Basketball) Davis had a pair of 30 point games last week, averaging 33.5 points while shooting 63-percent from the field.
- Kerrigan Dura, Eureka College (Women's Basketball) Dura recorded a double-double in a win over Fontbone with 20 points and 10 rebounds while also dishing out three assists and recording four steals.
- Ashley Lucas, Webster University (Women's Basketball) Lucas averaged 12.5 points per game over two contests, shooting 69-percent from the field.
- Alex Martin, Spalding University (Women's Basketball) Martin had a game high 22 points, including hitting the game-winning shot at the buzzer after racing the length of the full court with 4.2 seconds on the clock.
- Darby Massner, Iowa Wesleyan University (Women's Basketball) Massner netted 20 points , hitting four three-pointers, and grabbing seven rebounds in a win over Greenville.
- CJ Moore, Webster University (Men's Basketball) Moore scored a career high 27 points in Webster's come from behind win over Spalding, blocking a shot with seven seconds on the clock and then hitting a pair of free-throws with three seconds left to seal the win.
- Jeff Smith, Fontbonne University (Men's Basketball) Smith averaged 13.0 points in two games last week while shooting 81.3-percent from the field and missing just three shots combined in the two games.
- Nick Trisko, Spalding University (Men's Basketball) Trisko averaged 26.5 points and 19.0 rebounds per game in two outings last week including setting a conference record with 23 rebounds against Greenville while adding 37 points.