At a GlanceThe Game of the Week will take place Saturday, September 24 in Eureka, Illinois at 4 p.m. MacMurray enters the game with a 2-4 overall record while Eureka is currently 2-0-1. Saturday's game will feature the top two scorers in the SLIAC; Eureka's James Bowen and MacMurray's Bernardo Oseguera going against each other.
About the Eureka College "RED DEVILS"
Eureka is 2-0-1 on the season and Saturday's game will be their first action in a week. They defeated Rockford 1-0 in their last outing and are the only remaining undefeated team in the conference. The Red Devils are set to face Grace Bible on Tuesday and open conference play on Wednesday against Blackburn before facing the Highlanders on Saturday.
Eureka's James Bowen has continued his All-Conference performance from last year into 2016; leading the SLIAC with 12 points. Bowen has recorded five goals and two assists, placing 11 of his 19 shots on goal this season. Junior keeper Daniel Johnson has stood out early on this season, holding a 0.38 goals-against average, and making 13 saves in over 230-minutes in net. His save percentage of .929 is tops in the SLIAC.
About the MacMurray College "HIGHLANDERS"
MacMurray is coming off a 4-0 loss to Anderson last Saturday and their showdown against Eureka will be the team's only game on the week. The Highlanders have already scored in four of their six games this season after scoring in just five of 18 games last year.
The rise of their offense is in large part to freshman Bernardo Oseguera. Oseguera is tied for the SLIAC lead in goals with five and has buried five of his 13 shots this season. Luke Jarvis and Jeremy Towns have provided additional offense with each player scoring twice so far this season. Aaron Lopez, a freshman midfielder, leads the team with three assists. The Highlanders are young in net, with freshman Alex Becerra (2.00 GAA) and sophomore Marcus Chausse (4.67 GAA) splitting time.
- MacMurray leads the all-time series against Eureka 5-4 and have won three straight games against the Red Devils.
- Eureka has yet to play a game on the road and will not head out on the road until October 1st. In fact all seven games in the month of September will be at home for the Red Devils.
- MacMurray has already surpassed last year's win total.
- For the second year in a row Eureka has opened the season by going undefeated in their first three games. With a win, or tie, they can set a program record on Saturday for longest undefeated streak to open a season.
- MacMurray has already nearly doubled their scoring output from last season. The Highlanders have 11 goals in six games this year after netting just seven goals in 18 games last year.