At a Glance
The final SLIAC Game of the Week for the men's basketball regular season puts it all on the line for two teams when Principia College visits Greenville College. Principia is currently in a three way tie in the standings in a battle for one of the two final spots in the conference tournament. Meanwhile Greenville is currently in first-place in the standings and needs just one win to secure hosting rights for the tournament. The Game of the Week will take place in Greenville, Ill. and is set for a 7 p.m. tip.
Greenville College "PANTHERS"
Greenville has won seven straight games to move into first-place in the SLIAC standings and can clinch home court advantage in the postseason with a win in one of their final two games. The Panthers are averaging a Division III leading 131.9 points per game this season, averaging 17.7 three-pointers per game.
Greenville's deep rotation features six players averaging in double figures in scoring with Kenny Greene leading the way at 19.1 points per game. Shane Smith is second on the team at 18.5 points per game while sophomore guard Johari Dix leads the team at 4.5 assists per game despite averaging under 20-minutes per game.
Principia College "PANTHERS"
Principia has been in must win mode since late January and they have risen to the occasion. After dropping three straight games in January the Panthers have won five of their last six games. With two games remaining on the season the Panthers face more of the must win scenario if they want to make their first SLIAC Tournament since 2005.
Principia is averaging 77.7 points per game this season, 7th most in the SLIAC. Senior guard Adaku Anumu leads the team at 18.8 points per game this season and he is third in the conference with 77 made three-pointers. Micah Paulson is averaging 16.3 points and 4.2 assists per game while Parker Davidson is averaging a double-double at 14.0 points and 11.0 rebounds per game.
Previous Meeting - Greenville 118, Principia 109 - BOX SCORE
Just one week ago Greenville defeated Principia 118-109 in Elsah, Illinois, edging them out in the second-half after just a two point difference at half-time. Greenville's Elmo Smith led the team with 20 points as they knocked down 20 three-pointers and forced 30 turnovers. Principia had three players finish with over 20 points, with Justin Ball leading the way with 27 points. Principia shot 56-percent from the field but were held to just four three-point attempts, despite averaging over 21 attempts per game.
- Greenville leads the all-time series against Principia 35-8 and have won 11 straight games in the series.
- Greenville needs just one win in their final two games to secure hosting rights for the 2017 SLIAC Men's Basketball Tournament. They hold the tiebreaker over Westminster and are currently one game up in the standings.
- Principia has made the SLIAC Tournament 10 times in program history but have not made the tournament since 2005.
- After winning a share of the SLIAC regular season title last season Greenville can win their first out-right title since 1995-96, the only other SLIAC regular season title in program history.
- Principia's 10 wins this season are the most since winning 11 games in the 2004-05 season.