At a Glance
This week's SLIAC Game of the Week is a meeting with implications in the men's basketball standings as Westminster College hosts Principia College. The game is set for Tuesday, January 17th at 7 p.m. You can watch the game on LIVE STATS
Principia College "PANTHERS"
Principia College enters with a two game winning streak and are 5-7 overall and 4-3 in the SLIAC standings. They defeated Fontbonne and MacMurray last week to remain in the midst of the packed conference standings (tied for fifth). The Panthers are averaging 74.3 points per game this season, shooting 37-percent from three-point range.
The Panthers feature four players averaging in double figures in scoring with Adaku Anumu leading the way at 20.0 points per game. Anumu ranks third in the league with 47 three-pointers this season and nearly half of his shots come from three-point range. Micah Paulson is averaging 14.6 points per game while Parker Davidson is averaging a double-double with 14.2 points and 10.3 rebounds per game.
Westminster College "BLUE JAYS"
Westminster College is coming off an 88-73 win over Kansas Christian yesterday, improving to 10-4 overall this season. The Blue Jays are currently in first-place in the SLIAC standings with a 6-1 mark and have won five straight conference games. The Blue Jays are averaging 82.3 points per game this season and are tops in the conference in rebound margin (+4.1).
The Blue Jays are led by a trio of juniors in forward Romo Tabb, center Sean O'Brien, and guard Jimmy Villalobos. Tabb leads the team at 16.6 points per game and is shooting 61-percent from the floor this season. O'Brien is averaging 13.8 points per game while Villalobos is scoring 12.6 points per game while hitting on 44-percent of his three-point attempts.
- Westminster leads the all-time series against Principia 41-11, including winning 20 of the last 22 games.
- Westminster is 7-0 at home this season and have not lost at home since February 20, 2016 when they lost to Principia.
- Principia's Adaku Anumu has been one of the league's most explosive scorers since arriving last year with 16 games of 25 or more points during his two years.
- The Blue Jays lead the conference in fewest points per game allowed, 73.6 ppg; and opponent field goal percentage, 43.1%.
- Principia is currently tied for the fourth and final spot into the SLIAC Tournament and just a half game out of the third position. They are looking to make their first postseason trip since the 2005 tournament.