This week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Players of the Week are: Michael Hohm, from Greenville College; and Krista Armontrout, from Westminster College.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Hohm, a junior guard from Decatur, Ill., stepped up for the Panthers last week in helping them to a pair of conference wins and keeping pace in the SLIAC standings. Hohm averaged 25.0 points, 4.5 assists, and 4.0 steals over the two games while shooting 64.5 percent from the field and committing just one turnover on the week. He started the week with 21 points, five assists, and five steals in a win over Westminster. Hohm then scored a career high 29 points in a win over Blackburn, shooting 12-of-16 from the field, and adding four assists. With three steals in that game he also set a new school record for steals in a season and currently leads the conference and ranks second nationally in steals per game.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Armontrout, a junior from Centralia, Mo., helped the Blue Jays take over first-place in the SLIAC standings by leading her team in scoring in two key road wins. Armontrout scored a career high 23 points, while grabbing four rebounds, in a win over Greenville. She followed with 22 points and eight rebounds in a win over Iowa Wesleyan in a meeting for first-place. In that contest Armontrout gave the Blue Jays an early advantage, scoring 14 of her team's 18 points in the opening quarter en route to the win. Armontrout shot 63.3 percent from the field on the week, going 19-of-30. She averaged 22.5 points and 6.0 rebounds over the two games. This marks the second time this season she has been named the SLIAC Women's Basketball Player of the Week.
- Kody Ettinger, Fontbonne University (Men's Basketball) Ettinger scored 22 points, draining six three's, in a win over Iowa Wesleyan.
- Sam Feehan, Eureka College (Men's Basketball) Feehan recorded his second double-double this season with 29 points and 11 rebounds in a losing effort against Webster.
- Dakota Flesner, Iowa Wesleyan University (Women's Basketball) Flesner recorded her second double-double in three games as she finished with 17 points and 14 rebounds in a loss to Fontbonne.
- Brent Long, MacMurray College (Men's Basketball) Long was an inside force in his team's win over Blackburn, scoring 36 points on 15-of-22 shooting and adding 10 rebounds.
- Mackenzie Myers, Spalding University (Women's Basketball) Myers tallied 21 points, six rebounds, four assists, and three steals in helping her team to a road win over Fontbonne.
- DeAmbra Pilkinton, Fontbonne University (Women's Basketball) Pilkinton scored 22 points, on 9-of-13 shooting, in helping the Griffins to a win over Iowa Wesleyan.
- Hunter Ward, Webster University (Men's Basketball) Ward rose to the occasion in the SLIAC Game of the Week, recording a double-double with 24 points and 10 rebounds while helping the Gorloks to the win.