This week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Players of the Week are: Tim Daniel, from Greenville College; and Kara Johnson, from Principia College.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Daniel, a senior forward from Palatine, Ill., helped the Panthers to a pair of conference wins last week while continuing his long rang assault. Daniel averaged 29.5 points over two games, knocking down 15 three-pointers on the week. He guided his team to a 129-100 win over Principia, finishing with 33 points and six rebounds while connecting on 9-of-16 three-pointers. He followed with 26 points and five rebounds with six steals in helping Greenville win their third straight game by topping Iowa Wesleyan. Daniel shot 56.7 percent from the field and was 15-of-27 from three point range. He currently leads NCAA Division III in three point field goals made.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Johnson, a senior forward from St. Louis, Mo., shined for her team last week; averaging 21.3 points and 9.0 rebounds per game. Johnson scored half of her team's points in a loss to Greenville, finishing with 16 points. She followed with 23 points and 13 rebounds against St. Mary of the Woods and closed out the week with a near triple-double against Fontbonne; finishing with 25 points, eight rebounds, and eight assists. On the week Johnson totaled 14 assists and four steals over three games. She currently leads the conference in scoring and is fourth in rebounding.
- Adaku Anumu, Principia College (Men's Basketball) Anumu was nearly unstoppable last week, averaging 43.0 points per game while shooting 54.4 percent from the field.
- Megan Brandt, Webster University (Women's Basketball) Brandt went 6-of-7 from the field, totaling 17 points against Westminster.
- Sam Feehan, Eureka College (Men's Basketball) Feehan finished with 24 points, eight rebounds, and four assists in helping his team top Blackburn.
- Jared Greenlee, Fontbonne University (Men's Basketball) Greenlee tallied a pair of double-doubles last week including 28 points and 13 rebounds in a win over Principia.
- Brandon Goeing, Spalding University (Men's Basketball) Goeing dropped 27 points in a win over MacMurray last week.
- CJ Singletary, Iowa Wesleyan University (Men's Basketball) Singletary put up 32 points, going 13-of-16 from the field, in a loss to Greenville.