This week's St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Players of the Week are: Deavis Johnson, from MacMurray College; and Nadine Vaughn, from Webster University.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Johnson, a senior from East St. Louis, Ill., had a week to remember. In a 118-113 win over Greenville he recorded 34 points and 21 rebounds, marking the fifth highest rebound total in NCAA Division III this season. He followed with 18 points and 10 rebounds against Webster, in which he recorded his 1,000th career point. On the week Johnson averaged 26.0 points and 15.5 rebounds over the two games while shooting 64-percent from the field. He added eight assists and four blocked shots and now has a conference best seven double-doubles this season.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Vaughn, a junior from Pana, Ill., helped the Gorloks to a perfect 3-0 week; averaging 14.3 points, 7.0 rebounds, and 2.7 assists per game. The forward led her team in scoring in two of three games and shot 75-percent from the floor on the week. She put up 15 points with seven rebounds against Eureka. Vaughn followed with 12 points, eight rebounds, and three assists against Fontbonne and closed out the week with 16 points and four assists against MacMurray. Vaughn finished the week going 15-of-20 from the field and 13-of-17 from the free-throw line.
- Michaela Balducci, Eureka College (Women's Basketball) Balducci had back-to-back double-doubles last week with 19 points and 12 rebounds against Webster and 13 points and 13 rebounds against Westminster.
- Tim Daniel, Greenville College (Men's Basketball) Daniel knocked down 18 three pointers over a two game span, averaging 29.0 points per game.
- Chris Fowler, Iowa Wesleyan University (Men's Basketball) Fowler just missed a triple-double in a win over Spalding; finishing with 18 points, 10 assists, and nine rebounds.
- Mackenzie Haddox, Westminster College (Women's Basketball) Haddox put up 10 points and 10 assists in a win over Blackburn.
- Nick Trisko, Spalding University (Men's Basketball) Trisko put up 23 points on 9-of-11 shooting while grabbing 11 rebounds in a win over Principia.
- Rachel Williams, Iowa Wesleyan University (Women's Basketball) Williams netted 25 points with seven assists in a win over Eureka.