This week's SLIAC Game of the Week features the MacMurray College men's basketball team as they take on top ranked Augustana College (Ill.).
At a Glance
MacMurray, riding a two game winning streak, will face #1 ranked Augustana College (Ill.) on Tuesday night in Rock Island, Ill. Game time is set for 7 p.m. in the Roy J. Carver Center for Physical Education. You can follow along with live stats HERE or watch live on webcast HERE
The Highlanders have been led by sophomore Brent Long, who is currently averaging 20.7 points per game while shooting an impressive 66-percent from the field. Long has 21 offensive rebounds, out of 55 total rebounds, and averages 7.9 rebounds per game. Deavis Johnson is a dangerous wing man, averaging 16.4 points and 10.0 rebounds per game while Kollin Keltner has been the team's top outside threat with 17 triples on the season.
As a team the Vikings are averaging 78.8 points per game and allowing just 59.4 points per game. They are shooting 50.4 percent from the field as a team and out rebounding their foes by over 10 per game.
- Augustana leads the all-time series against MacMurray 12-7 including a 78-73 win in their last meeting; on December 16, 2014.
- MacMurray will be looking to hand the Vikings their first regular season loss since February 4, 2015 when they fell 72-70 in overtime to North Central.
- Augustana already defeated one SLIAC team this season, topping Fontbonne 80-57 back on November 24 in St. Louis, Mo.
- Remarkbly despite winning nine straight games last season, MacMurray will be looking to improve to two games above .500 for the first time since the 2013-14 season.
- MacMurray's Brent Long currently ranks 14th in NCAA Division III in field-goal percentage (66.0).