This week's SLIAC Game of the Week is the Women's Basketball game between Iowa Wesleyan University and Westminster College.
At a Glance
Saturday's women's basketball game between Iowa Wesleyan and Westminster will feature the only two remaining undefeated teams in conference play. Iowa Wesleyan starts the week at 5-1 overall and 2-0 in the SLIAC while Westminster is 4-1 overall and 2-0 in the SLIAC. Saturday's game is set for a 4 p.m. start in Westminster's Historic Gymnasium in Fulton, Mo. You can follow along with LIVE STATS or watch on VIDEO
About Iowa Wesleyan
The Blue Jays lead the SLIAC in scoring at 81.0 points per game and are tops in the league in three-point shooting; averaging 9.6 made per game and shooting at a 40.7 percent clip. Andrea Zalis, a junior, leads the team in scoring at 20.4 points per game while senior Kasey Gatson is averaging 17.0 points per game and shooting 52-percent from three-point range. Senior Mackenzie Haddox is averaging 4.6 assists per game, while scoring 14.0 points per game. Junior Krista Armontrout is averaging a double-double at 14.0 points and 10.2 rebounds per game.
- Iowa Wesleyan leads the all-time series 3-1 against Westminster including a 79-58 win in their last meeting on February 16, 2015.
- This game features the two best three-point shooting teams in the league, averaging a combined 17.6 made three's per game.
- The SLIAC's top two scorers will square off on Saturday as Westminster's Andrea Zalis leads the conference at 20.4 points per game and Iowa Wesleyan's Rachel Williams is second at 20.3 points per game.
- Iowa Wesleyan and Westminster have each won a SLIAC regular season title within the last three years. Westminster was the 2012-13 Champion while Iowa Wesleyan won the title in 2013-14.
- Each of the team's can already claim a SLIAC Player of the Week winner this season; Westminster's Krista Armontrout won for the week of Nov. 23 while Iowa Wesleyan's Rachel Williams won for the week of Dec. 7.
- Westminster was picked as the 2015-16 SLIAC Preseason favorite according to the coaches poll while Iowa Wesleyan was picked third.