At a Glance
The Game of the Week features a SLIAC battle between Principia College and Greenville College in Greenville, Ill. Principia will be led by the league's leading scorer, Adaku Anumu, while Greenville comes in as not only the league's top scoring team but the top scoring team in NCAA Division III. Game time is set for 8 p.m. in H.J. Long Gymnasium on the campus of Greenville College. You can watch live on streaming video HERE
Principia is averaging 68.6 points per game, ninth in the conference. They have had success at the free-throw line, where they are shooting a conference best 75.3 percent. They are also tops in the conference in blocked shots and rank second in the league in opponents field goal percentage.
Principia is led by newcomer Adaku Anumu, who is averaging a SLIAC high 22.3 points per game. Anumu has scored 20 or more points in eight games this season including two games over 30 points. Swingman Parker Davidson does it all for Principia; averaging 12.8 points, 9.6 rebounds, and 2.4 assists per game while Justin Ball is their go to inside player averaging 12.8 points per game.
Greenville is averaging 109.8 points per game, leading all NCAA Division III teams. The Panthers fast paced style knocks down 15.3 three-pointers per game with half of their shots coming from behind the three-point line. The Panthers are also tops in the SLIAC in steals.
Senior Tim Daniel is at the forefront of the Greenville offense, averaging 21.0 points per game; second in the SLIAC. Daniel is hitting on 44.7 percent of his long range shots and shoots 90-percent from the free-throw line. A total of five Panthers average in double figures with Andrew Scott serving as the team's inside presence; averaging 7.6 points and 5.9 rebounds per game.
- Greenville leads the all-time series against Principia, 32-8; including winning the last eight meetings.
- Principia's Adaku Anumu currently leads the SLIAC in scoring at 22.3 points per game. If he maintains that pace it would be the fourth highest scoring average in league history.
- Greenville has topped the century mark in points in nine of their 13 games this season.
- Principia is looking for their first SLIAC win since a 68-61 win over Blackburn on February 10, 2015.
- Did You Know? Earlier this season Greenville and Webster combined to set a new conference record for points in a game with 249 (Webster 134, Greenville 115) breaking the previous mark of 243 set by Greenville and MacMurray in 2005.