This week's SLIAC Players of the Week helped their teams in multiple ways on the court through their play making and defensive ability. This week's winners are from Principia College, Justin Ball; and from Spalding University, Jessica Guy.
SLIAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Ball, a sophomore from St. Louis, Mo., was a difference maker for the Panthers this week, filling up numerous statistical categories. Ball helped his team to a win over Westminster with 19 points, five rebounds, and four assists in the game. He followed with a game high 26 points in an overtime contest against Blackburn, adding nine rebounds and five assists. On the week Ball averaged 22.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, and 4.5 assists per game. He added five blocked shots and shot 57.6 percent from the field while also going 7-of-10 from the free-throw line.
SLIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Guy, a senior from Louisville, Ky., helped her team take first-place in the standings by going 3-0 this week. Guy started the week with 19 points and 23 rebounds in a win over Fontbonne. She then netted 15 points while grabbing 18 rebounds in a win over Blackburn before closing out the week with seven points, six rebounds, and four assists in limited action against Iowa Wesleyan. On the week Guy averaged 13.7 points, 15.7 rebounds, and 2.7 assists per game. She added five blocked shots and five steals in her three outings while shooting 54.5 percent from the field.
- Kaydee Carmody, MacMurray College (Women's Basketball) Carmody piled up the numbers in a win over Fontbonne, finishing with 22 points, seven rebounds, six assists, and four steals.
- Mackenzie Haddox, Westminster College (Women's Basketball) Haddox recorded a triple-double in her teams win over Eureka going for 12 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists.
- Deavis Johnson, MacMurray College (Men's Basketball) Johnson recorded a double-double in two wins this week, averaging 15.5 points and 11.5 rebounds per game.
- Rachel Perea, Principia College (Women's Basketball) Perea was all over the court in her team's win over Blackburn; recording 20 points, 14 rebounds, six assists, and three steals.
- Kelsey Shoemake, Eureka College (Women's Basketball) Shoemake recorded another double-double this week when she went for 23 points and 15 rebounds in a win over Greenville.
- James Turner, Spalding University (Men's Basketball) Turner was lights out this week, shooting 75-percent from the field including going 8-of-11 from three point range while helping his team go 3-0 on the week.